After loading a VS2013 C# project in VS2015 I got the dreaded MSB3884 warning (Could not find rule set file). A little annoying since I wasn’t knowingly using code analysis (but I might now).
Here’s what I did to fix the warning:
- On the project properties go to the Code Analysis section.
- Select the Browse option on the list of rule sets:
- Browse to the VS2015 rule sets folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Team Tools\Static Analysis Tools\Rule Sets
- Pick a rule set.. the default used by new projects is:
- The new rule set is applied:
Then rebuild – problems gone !